International luxury lifestyle authority Robb Report today announced the debut of “Around the World with Robb Report: A Global Journey by Private Jet,” an unprecedented voyage offering rare and exclusive experiences in some of the world’s most extraordinary destinations.
Scheduled for October 13 through November 4, 2016, this journey of a lifetime has been custom designed by Robb Report’s editorial staff and will be operated by the private-jet tour company TCS World Travel, which has nearly 25 years of experience curating personalized experiences and trips. Previewed in the September issue and online at RobbReport.com/aroundtheworld, the voyage will bring the pages of Robb Report to life, visiting several of the world’s most luxurious hotels and showcasing insider experiences in the realms of luxury automobiles, jewelry, yachts, wine, wellness, and more.
“As editors, we look at travel in terms of story, and the narrative for this trip will follow a fascinating path through the seas of the South Pacific, the savannas of the Serengeti, and several other amazing destinations,” says Editorial Director Bruce Wallin. “From our festive send-off in Hawaii to the fitting finale at our Car of the Year event, the Around the World journey will be the ultimate experience for the luxury traveler.”
The trip is open to 52 guests, who will circumnavigate the globe aboard a customized Boeing 757-200ER outfitted with 180-degree flatbed seats that were handcrafted in Italy. Staff on the Robb Report jet will include an executive chef, as well as journey managers who will be dedicated to addressing each traveler’s specific interests at every destination, ensuring a personalized experience for every guest.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Robb Report and operate unique ground experiences unlike any we’ve done before,” says TCS World Travel President Shelley Cline. “Robb Report’s unparalleled access to events and experiences offers a fresh new perspective to world travel.”
Embarking from Honolulu, the global journey will take the 52 travelers to:
* Fiji, where guests will take over the 28-villa Vomo Island Resort. The private island’s remote location-accessible only via helicopter, seaplane, or speedboat-affords exceptional snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and other water sports.
* Melbourne, for two days of exquisite dining in Australia’s culinary capital, with options including a private dinner in one of the world’s top restaurants, visits to the famed Queen Victoria Market, and winery tours in nearby Yarra Valley. Guests will stay in the city’s premier hotel, the Crown Towers Melbourne.
* Bali, where the group will take over the Robb Report Best of the Best spa resort Como Shambhala Estate for three days of wellness led by the meditation authority Dr. Madhav Goyal, of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Guests will also enjoy hiking, temple visits, and other optional activities on the lush Indonesian island.
* Sri Lanka, for a stay at the serene Cape Weligama, another Robb Report Best of the Best resort, from which guests can explore the tropical beaches, tranquil lagoons, fragrant teahouses, and historic sites of the island’s southern tip.
* Serengeti, for a visit to Singita Grumeti, the world’s ultimate luxury safari destination. Travelers will take over the entire 350,000-acre property for a grand wildlife adventure complete with private chefs, butlers, and expert trackers.
* Marrakech, where guests will stay in the opulent riads of Royal Mansour-a palatial retreat within the walls of the old city and built at the behest of Mohammed VI, king of Morocco. Day trips might include a private shopping excursion in the medina, a round of golf in the Palmeraie, or a visit to a Berber village.
* Bermuda, where the 35th America’s Cup will be held just months after Robb Report’s Around the World visit. Participants can witness the professional sailing teams in action or explore the coastline via yacht. Rosewood Tucker’s Point, home to an 18-hole golf course and Bermuda’s largest private white-sand beach club, will serve as home base.
* Car of the Year, for an unprecedented opportunity to join a panel of editors in California at Robb Report’s signature annual event. Each guest will enjoy driving time behind the wheel of the planet’s finest new vehicles-which in the past have included Bugattis, Bentleys, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Aston Martins, and more-and will help the editors select Robb Report’s next Car of the Year.